Dr. Varshil Mehta is the founder and Editor in Chief of the Journal of Medical Research and Innovation. He started this journal as a part of his dream project known as Varavime Health-Care Foundation which is also an umbrella organisation for another project, “Healthy India Initiative“.
Dr. Mehta is a graduate from MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai. He was awarded as Best Young Researcher Award in 2016 by the Grabs Charitable Trust. He was also selected and sponsored from South Asia by Elsevier to give a speech at IFMSA-APRM, Bangkok, in 2016.
Dr. Mehta has published more than 30 articles in a short span of time and has been a reviewer for more than 10 journals including the Journal of Public Health (Oxford Press), Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research (JCDR), Journal of Orthopaedic Case Reports (IORG) and Alzheimer’s & Dementia: Translational Research & Clinical Interventions (Elsevier). He is also on the Editorial Board of Cureus and the Journal of Insulin Resistance. Currently, Dr. Mehta handles the editorial reviews and decisions, designing (coding) of the website, typesetting and copywriting for JMRI.
His Research Profiles
His featured list of publications
- Is Salt a Culprit or an Innocent Bystander in Hypertension? A Hypothesis Challenging the Ancient Paradigm.
- Evaluation of Lipid Profile in Second and Third Trimester of Pregnancy.
- Genetic Modulation Therapy Through Stem Cell Transplantation for Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 Infection.
- Bi-Pedicle Fixation of Affected Vertebra in Thoracolumbar Burst Fracture.
- Vacuum-Assisted Closure in Patients with Post-operative Infections after Instrumented Spine Surgery: A Series of 12 Cases.
- Application of Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH) Technique for the Detection of Genetic Aberration in Medical Science.
- When Pulmonary Function Test is Available, Should we Wait for the COPD Symptoms to Develop?
- Solid Variant of an Aneurysmal Bone Cyst of the Thoracic Spine.
- Does Vitamin D Deficiency Lead to Hypertension?