Dr. Varshil Mehta is a Physician, Researcher, Writer and Entrepreneur. He is the founder of the Journal of Medical Research and Innovation and currently operates as its Editor in Chief and Publisher.
Dr. Mehta is a medical graduate from MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai, India and has received training at various hospitals (Mount Sinai, NY; Cook County and Rush University, Chicago) in the United States.
Dr. Mehta has published more than 40 articles so far, mainly related to Medicine field. He has worked on various type of researches such as Meta-Analysis, Clinical studies, Case studies, Review Articles etc. He has been a core member of Online Research Club and a collaborator of Global Burden Disease. He has been a reviewer for many national and international journals including the Journal of Public Health (Oxford Press), Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research (JCDR), Journal of Orthopaedic Case Reports (IORG) and Alzheimer’s & Dementia: Translational Research & Clinical Interventions (Elsevier). He is also on the Editorial Board of Cureus and the Journal of Insulin Resistance and Reviewer Board of Journal of Orthopaedic Case Reports.
The impact of Dr. Mehta’s research can be viewed on Impactstory.
Awards and Achievements:
- Excellence in Research for the year 2017 by Indian Health Professional Awards.
- Best Young Researcher Award in 2016 by the Grabs Charitable Trust.
- Selected and sponsored by Elsevier to represent India and give a speech at IFMSA-APRM, Bangkok, in 2016.
- Fructose-induced Inflammation and Increased Cortisol: A New Mechanism for How Sugar Induces Visceral Adiposity.
- Is Salt a Culprit or an Innocent Bystander in Hypertension? A Hypothesis Challenging the Ancient Paradigm.
- Utilization of the Impella for Hemodynamic Support during Percutaneous Intervention and Cardiogenic Shock: An insight.
- Addictive salt may not be solely responsible for causing hypertension: A sweet and fatty hypothesis.
- Evaluation of Lipid Profile in Second and Third Trimester of Pregnancy.
- Genetic Modulation Therapy Through Stem Cell Transplantation for Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 Infection.
- Bi-Pedicle Fixation of Affected Vertebra in Thoracolumbar Burst Fracture.
- A Review on Antibiotic Resistance: Alarm Bells are Ringing.
- Vacuum-Assisted Closure in Patients with Post-operative Infections after Instrumented Spine Surgery: A Series of 12 Cases.
- Association of Lipid Profile in Pregnancy with Preeclampsia, Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, and Preterm Delivery.
- Application of Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH) Technique for the Detection of Genetic Aberration in Medical Science.
- When Pulmonary Function Test is Available, Should we Wait for the COPD Symptoms to Develop?
- Solid Variant of an Aneurysmal Bone Cyst of the Thoracic Spine.
- Does Vitamin D Deficiency Lead to Hypertension?